Whoever has a baby or is planning to have a baby MUST READ THIS BOOK! I got it for a baby shower, and hadn't had time to read it until Brook Rasmussen and I were talking to each other about our babies and she said she found the best book ever to read and will help out so much! So, I took it to Lake Powell with me and read it and incorporated it (even though I was on vacation), and it WORKS! IT IS A MIRACLE! I have been having big problems with Taylor wanting to eat every 1-2 hours and decided I had to supplement her because my milk must not be fulfilling enough...well, I wish I read this book the day she was born, because I could have changed that whole thing and she would have been eating every 2, 1/2- 3 hours by now if I would have. Also, she would only take a few naps that only lasted 30 minutes and NOW she takes tons of naps that last 1 or more hours! It is wonderful. I totally understand her better now and why she was doing those things. Sleep is so important for newborns also! So, I am glad she is doing so well! Thanks Brook for helping me out! And I'm glad I wasn't too late to help Taylor get on a good routine!
5 comments:
hey summer, i don;t know why i didn't reccomend that book to you. i guess i forgot. i read that book shortly after Keegan was born and i loved it too. it really helps. something else i reccomend: starting to do baby sign language. she will pick it up quickly and it will help so much untill you can understand what she is saying. we started to teach it to keegan when he was 3months old. once she starts picking it up, it will help from getting so frustersted when you don't understand what she wants. she will be able to tell you by signing. your family is beautiful!!
Loura
Oooh, good to know for the future. :) I bet her not needing to eat every hour helps you out a lot! I hope to see you again soon!
Oh, I know. I seriously can not imagine being a mother without having a copy of that book. It is the greatest thing ever. And worked like a charm for my kids.
I LOVE that book! I tell everybody to read it also, it really is a life saver! It works like a charm! I thought I had told you about it before, sorry if I didn't. With Andrew he was sleeping over 8 hrs at night before 3mo and Allison is already sleeping for more than 5 hrs at a time at night. Some people don't like the idea of scheduling their baby, but it is really what they need and it makes for a happier baby and happier mom! I'm so glad you read that book.
I SWEAR by this book as well as signing to your child.. being a working mom I did it with both my kids and it is a LIFE SAVER..
glad you heard about it too...
Post a Comment