Cousins Ellie and Taylor
Horse Carriage ride...touring Nauvoo
Taylor and her daddy
The wonderful convenience of a bottle!
The popular Nauvoo Pageant
Brother's Carson and Troy
How they made their own bricks
Learning how the Blacksmith worked
On the 8 hour drive to and from Nauvoo, IL... we drove through St. Louis and saw the beautiful arch
Taylor getting antsy on the way home to Louisville and kicking :)
We took a really quick weekend trip with my nieces and nephews to Nauvoo and Carthage, IL to explore a little church history. I don't think I will ever drive 8 hours with Taylor in the car AGAIN! Ahhh! It wasn't that bad, but the last 3 hours was awful and I have to sadly admit, I took Taylor out of her carseat through a slow construction site because she was crying so bad and had been fed and diaper changed. She just needed to stretch out. It made me so mad that I did that...when I swore I would NEVER do that EVER!!! From now on...I am just not going on an 8 hour straight drive with her!
7 comments:
I'm going on a long car trip this weekend... nine hours with a break and then five more the next morning. Any suggestions on how to make it easier on Abigail? Do you suggest going through the night even? Help!
Guess I should wait a bit before we take Madi. Michael and I want to go back to Nauvoo, we have not been there since we got married there, but I was not sure how Madi would handle the trip. I might wait a little longer now or try to find roads without construction!!
We just did the trip with our three... 5, 3, and 1. Zac was definitely the most difficult, but we hooked up the Wii in the car and he loves to watch it so much that it kept him entertained a large portion of the time! Maybe next time travel over night so she'll sleep the whole way... but, then you'll be exhausted when you get there and she'll be wide awake! =) I'm glad you guys went, it's such a great experience. Jen
What a fun experience! Well, not the last 3 hours, but I'm glad you got a chance to go with the Gublets. :) I'm glad you guys were able to go!
That's awesome Summer. I would love to do the church history tour. it's on my bucket list
I did this vacation when I was 15- and Loved it! Thanks for the pictures... it brought back great memories... yeah... love car rides and babies don't mix... I couldve told you that...but everyone seems to learn that on their own. Glad you got to see some of our church history!
I really wish we had waited until this summer to go to Nauvoo... it look so much prettier (we went while it was still winter).
Post a Comment