Sunday, August 10, 2008

Taylor's First Fall

Taylor had her first FALL!!!  I just about had a heart attack!  
On Wednesday, I put her in her pink bouncer chair and set her in the kitchen because I was going to do some cooking.  She gets really fussy if nobody is around and she thinks she is alone...this way I could get my cooking done and she is happy.  Well, I turned around and ran into the family room to get a play mat for more entertainment for when she got sick of the bouncer...it was less than 3 seconds and as I grabbed the mat and headed towards the kitchen I heard a LOUD THUMP!!!  I KNEW what had happened!  I knew she didn't drop a toy... she had flipped herself out of the bouncer onto the concrete floor.  There was only a quick silent moment before she let out a HUGE WHOPPIN YELL and the crying began.  I started to ball as I held her thinking it was my fault and I could have prevented it.  Taylor is flipping over like crazy onto her stomach wherever she is at... so now we have to belt her in from now on.  She is alright of course and Tyson says it must have just scared her more than hurt her because she probably hadn't really felt pain before.  Although, hitting the concrete floor on your head would hurt. But, I'm sure she will get hurt much worse down the road... lets just hope its never anything permanently damaging.



1 comment:

Crafty Momma said...

Don't feel bad! Delia has fallen out of her crib 3 times!! Just because I was so stupid and kept forgetting to put the side up! It doesn't stop there either it will continue forever! At one point you'll stop blaming yourself for every little owie and just relish in the opportunity to make it all better! ;)