Friday, August 15, 2008

This Week's Savings

I'm still new at this coupon clipping thing, but I had to show my savings this week...
I made a few dumb mistakes, but did really good on others. I know it will get easier as I become more familiar with the system.

TARGET
Kelloggs Smart Start (Strawberry oat bites)
2 for $5 (sale price)
FREE with mail in rebate

2 Glade PlugIns Scented Oil Holder & Fragrance
$4.14 (Sale Price)
-$4.00 (manufacturers coupon)
=$0.14
(I had two manuf coupons for two of them...I really had to search for them also...I think I got the last 2 on wednesday...all the crazy shoppers got to them early)


WALGREENS
Bic Soleil Rzr 
$5.99 (reg price)
-$2.00 (walg coupon)
-$3.00 (manuf coupon)
=$0.99 

Bic Soleil Rzr Blades (pk of 4)
$5.99 (reg price)
-$2.00 (walg qp)
-$3.00 (manuf qp)
=$0.99 

Scott Toilet Paper (4 rolls)
$1.99 (walg qp price)
-$0.99 (manu coupon)
=$0.99

Glade scented oil candle/holder
$4.99 (reg price)
-$2.00 (mail in rebate)
-$2.00 (manuf coupon)
=$0.99

3 boxes of Kleenex:
reg price- $2.29 each
walg coupon price-$0.89 each

Bic Grip Pens (2 pkgs of 8)
$1.00 for 2
-$1.00 coupon
=FREE

Jane Makeup Powder Brush
$4.99 (sale price)
-$4.99 (mail-in rebate)
=FREE

Pert Plus Shampoo
$3.79 (sale price)
-$3.79 (mail in rebate)
=FREE

CVS 60 Watt Light Bulb (4 pk)
$1.99 (reg price)
-$1.99 (mail in rebate)
=FREE

BioInfusion Shampoo
$11.98 for 2
-$11.98 (mail in rebate)
=FREE

And these were my 'not-so-good' deals:

1.0 GB SanDisk Memory Card
$9.99 Sale Price

Campbell's Cr. of Mush/Chick Soup (12 oz)
5 for $4 (walg coupon)

M&M's (2, 7 oz bags)
$4.00 for 2
-$1.00 (Easy Saver catalog coupon)
=$3.00 for 2 bags

Dove Choc Bars
$3.00 for 2 (Sale price)
-$1.00 (Easy saver catalog coupon)
=$2.00 for 2 bars

Sinful Nail polish
2 for $1.99

Total Savings:
$40.58


RITE AID
2 Bic Mark It Permanent Markers
$1.00 (sale price)
-$1.00 (manu coup)
=FREE

Rite Aid Brand Pregnancy Test
2 for $4.00 (False Advertising)...WootWoot! :)
(regular price is $12.99 each)

Astroglide Personal Lubricant
$7.99 (reg price)
-$7.99 (mail in rebate)
=FREE

And these were my 'not-so-good' deals:

3 Candy bar pckg's
$0.99 each (sale price)

2 Nabisco Oreo's
$4.79 each (reg price)
+$4.79
-$3.00 ($3 off any 2/Rite Aid Coupon)  I read this wrong...I thought it said 2 for $3.00
-$o.75 (manu qp)
=$5.83 for 2

Total Spent:
$12.88

CVS
Infants Advil Drops
$5.79 (reg price)
-$5.79 (mail in rebate)
=FREE

Free gift for the month of August (first time you use your CVS card in Aug)
CVS toothbrush
$1.99 (reg price)
-$1.99 (free gift)
=FREE

It is really easy to get lazy with the REBATES...so if your good at mailing them in, then it is totally worth the free stuff!

8 comments:

Noelle said...

Hi Summer. I'm glad my exciting story is making its way around the community. Good to hear from you.

Taralee said...

So where do you get all your rebates or coupons or whatever you use? I always think I should be more conscious about saving money, but I don't know where to start. Let me know! urkissable@yahoo.com

Lanette Sanders said...

Me, too! That's awesome!

Mandi and Jeff said...

Wow! you really did get some great things free! See you soon!

Melissa said...

You are awesome! You are putting me to shame. I just haven't had the time to bargain shop since we've been gone. But you've put the fire back in me. Good job!

The Wrays said...

I have been cutting the coupons, but have not got into the shopping part yet. I might need some help with learning the ropes .. looks like you are doing a great job .. I might have to get some pointers from you on how it all works.

Elisa said...

So I'm curious where you got the mail-in rebates...are they in the store? Just so you know Walgreens has a printable coupon for $5 off any $20 purchase but it's only good for today and tomorrow (http://a1061.g.akamai.net/7/1061/5412/home/www.walgreens.com/images/dmi/hotbuys/080821-3.gif). I'm thinking that would be an awesome deal if I could get some of those free items after mail-in rebate and use the $5 coupon, but I'm not sure if my area has the mail-in rebates. Any ideas?

familyof4 said...

This is so awesome! Where did you find all the rebates and coupons? Can you email me and let me know?
karalwood@yahoo.com