Friday, January 16, 2009

Freezing in Kentucky

So, as you may know, the arctic front has come across this area and many other states way worse. This morning, Taylor woke up at 5 this morning crying hysterically and Tyson went in to get her and said her hands were ice cold. We were freezing in our own bed trying to bury ourselves in our covers. We got Taylor some nice warm milk and brought her in bed with us to warm up (don't worry you mom's out there... this is not going to become a habit). When I got up to leave for work this morning, I was FREEZING!!! I looked at our temperature and it was 55 degrees! We had it set on 66, but our system can't keep up. IT SUCKS! I felt so bad for Taylor who was probably freezing. The vent is right over her crib and it was blowing cool air all night. We are moving her crib tonight!


When I went to work, the outside temp was -5 degrees!
BBBRRRRRR!

4 comments:

themorganfam said...

Can I share some of my heat with you. We have the opposite problem in our house. Our temperature gauge is right next to my bedroom which is the coldest in the house and downstairs so everywhere else in the house is a toasty 90 degrees (which yes I am paying for) but my room and the living room are cold because there are a lot of windows. So I went into Jeremiahs room last night and he was drenched in sweat poor guy and seriously the heater blows right on his head and I think he was overheating. So lets just share a little heat.

The Mortenson Family said...

We have space heaters that are set on their own thermostats for the bedrooms... you should really invest in one for Taylor's room... Costco or Sam's have the best deals on them... especially since babies just don't keep the covers on! Make sure you get one with a tip sensor so that if it accidentally got tipped over it would shut off and not start a fire... Good luck! I can't wait for warmer weather! Jen

Crafty Momma said...

Poor Taylor! It hard for them to tell that they are cold! I'm glad we have a good thermostat. We invested in a top of the line honeywell! It so smart that is will kick on just before it is supposed to. It supposedly "learns" and becomes smart of your settings! The space heater idea sounds good. I know that even our master bedroom gets cold too because it is at the corner of the house. luckily Delia's room is the warmest, I don't know how I lucked out on choosing that room for her! BTW: I tagged you on my blog!

familyof4 said...

We use space heaters as well (same ones as comment above)