Wednesday, January 28, 2009

ICE STORM AND NO POWER


We expected some snow and ice, but not to this extent!
First, it started snowing Monday night 3-4inches. Then it started raining ice rain throughout the day on Tuesday, so there was a layer of ice on top of the snow.
We thought that was the extent of it, until W

ednesday morning we woke up with NO POWER.
It is estimated that 200,000 homes without power just in Louisville. The streets are horrible because there are tree limbs down EVERYWHERE. Then when we thought it was all over, it started to snow VERY HARD this morning.
SO, we have a layer of snow, ice, snow.
AND NO POWER with temperatures in the TEENS!
Thank goodness Mandi and Jeff have power, so we are camping out at their house for the week.
Officials have said it would be about 7-10 days before we get any power.
THANK GOODNESS some people have power, otherwise we would all FREEZE!

Taylor watching the sleet come down
Tyson taking the snow off our driveway (before it iced over)
Taylor hanging out in the garage while Tyson and I shovel and salt our driveway

A sheet of ice layer on top of the snow
This picture doesn't do justice, but it looks like an ice rink
Our grass looks like little spikes of ice
Icy layer (even after we salted our walkway)


Tuesday night ice storm in frigid temperatures

Wednesday morning, we woke up to THIS!
SO SAD!
Our one little tree could not hold its own.
The snow layer on top of the ice!

Ice surrounding each branch/limb


Thick Ice on our mailbox
Our House
Huge icicles at work


Water built up under the bridge on Breckinridge.
There is a taxi submerged if you look close enough.

5 comments:

Kelly Nordfelt said...

Holy cow Summer! Does this not make you want to move to Las Vegas? That's WAY too cold! I can't believe it. I hope you guys are keeping warm. I can't believe your little one is walking. She is adorable!

The Wrays said...

I am so sorry you are without power ... this has been a horrible storm. Please let me know if there is anything that you need.

Lacey said...

Wow! That's crazy. I hope you get power soon.

Kaydee said...

Holy cow summer! I hope you are staying warm...the grass is crazy!

The Faddis Family said...

Glad you have good friends(?) that are willing to let you come camp out at their house. Utah gets hit, but not that hard... don't you miss us? I'm picturing you in your pj pants and snow boots... has Tyson seen this combo yet? I'll have to tell him about chemistry class someday. Taylor has gotten so big. She is beautiful! I love the big pic of her at the beginning.