Happy Easter! The Easter bunny came to visit and left some treats and toys at the foot of the kids beds.
Taylor even noticed that she got the same chocolate bunny Daddy got about week ago from his office staff. :-) She's a clever little girl that notices everything :-)
Trevor (left) & Triston (right)
We had a fun Easter party at Laura Browns house with a ton of the young mothers and friends from the Louisville 3rd Ward.
The Easter Egg Hunt was in the front yard. Triston (in the yellow shirt) wasn't so interested in picking up a bunch of eggs. He just wandered around holding his yellow egg. He kept wandering off and running up this sidewalk (close to the street). Laura Brown was close by him when one time he wandered up the sidewalk. She tried to help me get him to come back, but he thought it was a fun game to play cat and mouse. In the picture above, you see a navy blue minivan just behind Triston's right ear. He started to run away from Laura and behind this minivan into the street. Laura tried to catch him, but he was a fast little bugger. I saw the whole thing happen. I watched as this white truck was approaching. THANK GOODNESS the driver was going slow, because she knew there were a bunch of kids around. She STILL had to slam on the breaks for Triston and literally missed him by inches (a foot at most if that). It was SOOOOOO SCARY! I probably FREAKED everyone out with how loud I yelled his name as I saw this happening, hoping he would hear me and stop. Laura said she about had a panic attack it was so scary for her. I think Triston was saved by Angels that day. Triston definitely has had many near death experiences ALREADY.
Taylor officially knows her birthday is April 9th. On her birthday, she got a package from Grandma Gubler. She got an African doll and some money and chocolate.
That same day, we went to pick up a few things at Kohls with the kiddo's and there was this older woman there who was taken back with my kids. She loved them and Taylor was very talkative and sweet to her. She told her it was her birthday and the Lady wanted to buy her a stuffed animal, so Taylor picked out a lamb. It was so sweet of this lady to do that and Taylor felt very special.
Taylor also got this amazing Rupunzel dress-up 'wedding dress' and the doll as well from Mark and Jessica & Cohen Mortenson. She is in love with the doll and sleeps with it most nights because she loves holding her hair. The dress is so glittery that when you take it off, you are covered in glitter. Its adorable and Taylor definitely feels like a princess in it.
Mom and Dad got Taylor a Dora doll house (It was on an amazing sale). She plays with it sometimes, but mostly the boys like playing with it with their cars :)
In the evening, we all got together with a bunch of friends at our favorite park (Creekside Park) and celebrated her birthday. Taylor turned 4 years old and loved her cookie cake with a pink kitty on it.
She wanted the piece with the most pink icing on it (of course)
Here is Reagan Mills (in the red shirt) and Cami Brown (in the white shirt) with Triston (in the green shirt) and Trevor (in the orange shirt, being held by my friend Heather Mills).
Triston and Trevor constantly keep my going. Their room is completely bare now except their beds. Often, I find them stripped down naked, no matter what I do. It is going to get to a point that I'm going to have to duck tape their diapers. The picture above shows that the boys stripped down naked, kicked all their bears and blankets off their beds and pushed their mattresses up on its side. But the worse part of it all.... is that when I walked into the room, I smelt poop! Yep! Poop everywhere, even though you can't really see very well in the picture. You can say that I gave those boys some bare bottom spankings :-)
To this day, I still don't know how Trevor go this black eye (bruise just under HIS left eye). They are ALWAYS getting SOOOO many bumps and bruises, I don't always see them all.
Triston loves to climb into the dryer when mommy is doing laundry. He also likes to close the door on his brother, when Trevor is in the dryer. I have to monitor this one pretty closely
One of daddy's favorite things to do is to snuggle with the kids. The boys are just starting to snuggle a little more. Its very difficult though because they are SOOOO competitive with each other and they just want Daddy or Mommy all to themselves. They definitely don't like sharing
Honestly, I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband! He is such a great Father to our kids! When I've had enough by evening time, He tries to come home and play with the kids until their down for bed. By evening time, I am so done with the kids needing me to play with them or give them food or attention, that I just want to have ME time. Of course, I am usually there as well, but I try to clean up from dinner or pick up toys or figure out tomorrow's activities, etc...
On Monday's Trevor goes to PDO (Parents Day Out) and on Wednesdays Triston goes to PDO (at Taylor's school) from 9am-12noon. It has been a wonderful thing because I just have to worry about one twin (not both). So, we usually hit Walmart on Monday's. Here is Triston on one of the bikes I was possibly going to get him for his birthday next month. We didn't end up getting it cause it was too expensive ($47 times two). But we got them $25 electric 4-wheelers that were on a double half off sale! We were at the right place at the right time! See next months blog for those pictures.
But, it really is fun just having one boy at the grocery store. Much less stressful :)
One warm April day, the kiddo's made a mud puddle and enjoyed playing in it.
Taylor would get her sidewalk chalk wet and draw on her hand to make a "hand print". They had a fun time being creative and getting dirty.
Above is Trevor (left) & Triston (right)
Below is Triston (left) & Trevor (right)
Triston pretending to be sleeping on the job
Here Triston is adding his art to Taylor's rainbow.
AND.... they definitely got dirty :)
We decided to be brave and take the kids out to the Balloon Glow. Most of the activities we do are for Taylor. We do them so she can experience cool things, even though they are hard to do with the boys.
While we waited for the sun to go down. We let the kids run around and play swords with each other. That was a bad idea to buy those toys. They cost $5 each. SHEESH!
Here the first air balloon is starting to get blown up
The kids really enjoyed all the hot air balloons and the big crowd and running around chasing each other, while mom chased them :-)
Above is Trevor
We met up with Heather & Jerrel Mills and their daughter, Reagan and their 3 month old twin boys
Heather became a good friend of mine, but ended up moving to South Carolina after her husband finished dental school.
Here are some cute pics of Taylor hanging out with Triston, while Trevor was at PDO on Monday's. I treasured the days when I only had one boy. There was no competition, no fighting (pretty much) and a lot more calmness and peace :-) for those few hours
Taylor and Triston are my cuddlers. They LOVE to snuggle
Triston ALWAYS cries when we put the kids down for bed. He always gets out of his bed and lays by the door watching us under the door and cries. Most of the time he falls asleep at the door and I'll notice his hand peeking under the door. :-)
One morning, the boys slept in and so I decided to go in and see what was going on. It was sooooo cute what I found! FOR THE FIRST TIME, I FOUND THE BOYS IN THE SAME BED!!! Triston had climbed into Trevor's bed.
Taylor wanted me to take pictures of her jumping off our filing cabinet and it was cool. She was super woman!!!
Taylor and Reagan Mills (playing dress up)
Taylor had her 4 year check up at the doctors office. She was lucky she didn't have to get any shots; not until next year anyway. The girl is a horribly picky eater. The doctor says to not worry about it and to not fight her and make it a bad situation. She says to not force food on her. Its hard because I feel like its just getting worse and I don't want to instill bad habits. I'm worried that when she turns 12 or 13, she's going to balloon if she is a junky. It's one thing I'm going to really have to watch






















No comments:
Post a Comment