My oldest brother's family of 7 is coming out here in July and we are going to go with them to the Nauvoo pageant. I am in charge of reserving a hotel and I need help! Anyone been to Nauvoo and stayed in a decent priced hotel? I don't think it needs to be close to the pageant because we will have a car. Thanks for any input!



7 comments:
okay this is total blog stalking! (hehe) but i linked over from my good friend christie gammels blog (went to HS together - alyssa balzotti) anyway we live in chicago and have been down to nauvoo a bunch and the nicest place to stay is The Inn at Nauvoo its really cool and RIGHT across the street from the temple but its kinda pricey ... we usually stay across the river because its cheaper and the hotel is nice and has a continental breakfast.
just know that nauvoo isnt exactly the happenin' town - very small town middle america kinda of place.
oh ya and book everything early because july is SOOOOO busy!
Alyssa...what hotel was it across the river?
we stayed in a holiday inn that was nice. it had a pool which would be nice in july
I've done the Nauvoo thing several times, not to mention getting married there, so we have stayed a few places. If you book really early you may be able to get reservations at the Hotel Nauvoo. It's across from the Temple and they have great food! If you can't get in there, go across the river into Keukuk IW, Fairfield Inn has pretty good rates.
I went when I was 15--- and couldn't remember the hotel if I tried. Sorry... how fun for you though!
we just got back from Nauvoo over spring break, Summer. We stayed at the Zions Mercantile Inn, which isn't too cheap, but is really nice. But I saw tons of family friendly hotels there like Hotel Nauvoo, Family Inn and Suites of Nauvoo, and some cabins that you can rent for larger families ( I can't remember the name). But if you do a google search, you will likely find plenty of stuff. Let me know if I can answer questions since we were JUST there.
Post a Comment