On thursday, June 26th, Taylor got her 2 month shots! We had just gotten back in town and were past 2 months and had to get in soon. Kim Courtright had told me that she cried when her daughter got them done and so to be prepared...it is really sad. So, I told Tyson that I couldn't be in the room and watch it happen. I went outside the door and around the corner. I heard her crying out and it absolutely killed me. I still bawled. Kim told me to nurse her afterwards to comfort her. So, I went back in and Tyson had Taylor clenched in his arms and wouldn't let go of her. He said, "I had to be in the room to see that, so I am comforting her" :) Also, he said "There is no way I am going to ever do that again." It broke his heart to see her face in so much pain 4 times, that she couldn't even breathe. She slept a whole lot the rest of the day and we just kept giving her small amounts of Tylenol every 4 hours. She's doing well, but she doesn't like it when we rub the shots. :)
Sunday, June 29, 2008
2 Month Shots
On thursday, June 26th, Taylor got her 2 month shots! We had just gotten back in town and were past 2 months and had to get in soon. Kim Courtright had told me that she cried when her daughter got them done and so to be prepared...it is really sad. So, I told Tyson that I couldn't be in the room and watch it happen. I went outside the door and around the corner. I heard her crying out and it absolutely killed me. I still bawled. Kim told me to nurse her afterwards to comfort her. So, I went back in and Tyson had Taylor clenched in his arms and wouldn't let go of her. He said, "I had to be in the room to see that, so I am comforting her" :) Also, he said "There is no way I am going to ever do that again." It broke his heart to see her face in so much pain 4 times, that she couldn't even breathe. She slept a whole lot the rest of the day and we just kept giving her small amounts of Tylenol every 4 hours. She's doing well, but she doesn't like it when we rub the shots. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Awww... they tell you to rub your shots when you get your HEP A/B ones, and I didn't, and it felt like someone had punched me really hard in the shoulder for like 2 weeks. :S So I think next time I'll rub them.
I have the longest baby on earth! She was 21.25in when she was born and she keeps growing out of things because she's too long! I don't know where she comes from really... She was never a small baby. Your baby has the sweetest face, by the way. She's so cute! And about the weight, you look awesome. I lost mine by two months because she didn't sleep and so I didn't sleep. On top of that, in order to soothe her I had to walk around for hours on end. I also get nauseated everytime I feed her (I thought I was pregnant again!) so I still hate food. I would suggest not losing it the way I did!
Lanette...your baby girl is adorable!
I cried too! The worst was when Andrew had to get stitches in his finger and the nurse asked me to help hold him down. I bowled!
That is always hard .. and it does not get easier at their 4 month shots!! Michael always gets to comfort Madi after her shots, it must be a daddy/daughter moment! Or the fact that they can keep it together while the mommies are crying with our little ones!
Post a Comment