Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Unsafe Baby Bottles?

What do you think of this?
http://www.newbornfree.com/

8 comments:

Katrina said...

I think there are millions of reports out there that are going to tell you different things. I think it is good to be cautious but when I have another baby, I will still use regular bottles. It seems like "reports" are telling us everything is going to give us cancer. I don't know. Maybe I am just weird but don't I don't believe a lot of the "reports". I think you just need to do what ever you feel is right about.

Katrina said...

delete the last word about. Did not mean to type that. Sorry.

Tami and Kaleo said...

Hi Summer--the travlers. It looks like you have been having tons of fun. Going to powell and seeing your family. I love the party, all your brothers are go getters. 1 eye doctor, 1 medical doctor and like a a thousand dentists and few hygenists. Im impressed. I love it. You are very blessed to have such a great family. I love your bangs they are so cute. I agree with your girlfriend Katrina, that the critics are always telling us we are doing something wrong. Did you know my grandpa was a doctor and delivered 2000 babies between the years of 1940-1960 and he said they used to tell mothers to give their children orange juic when they were first born for vitamin c so they could build up their immune systems and now no one would ever do that. They used to make women stay down and not move around for 6-8weeks and now they are supposed to walk around within 24 hours. Crazy. But do what your mind and heart tells you, because mother knows best. That means you. Love you summer. ps i updated my blog

Ryan and Ashley said...

I think you should be cautious. I don 't know, it just seems like, if it is something that will cause cancer, or anything else, you should be cautious. I remember hearing a long time ago that when plastic first came out, they didn't test it for heat-resistant problems because they knew it couldn't go in the oven and there was no such thing as a microwave. So...who knows, maybe heating plastic isn't good for you...that's my opinion.

Crafty Momma said...

I think until they are absolutely positive about it you shouldn't worry too much. And also buy brands that you know are good and well known. That will help with the possibility of "crap" plstic being used to make no name brand bottles. They are doing many studies on so many things and are doing them on rats. Just because a rat reacts to it doesn't me WE are definately going to react to it. It just depends, there is so much research that has to be done still before they can make a positive claim. I do know some moms that freak out over every possibility of harm to their babies, but You should pick and choose what to freak on and what to not until you can get enough substantial evidence in your hands to make you think otherwise. they are still saying on the news that Amalgam fillings are bad for you and should get them replaced!! Come on!! Just my thoughts on the subject.

Jeffrey and Monica said...

I was talking to my pediatricain about this recently. Pretty much just don't put them in the microwave. Also, there's so many differant reports who knows what to believe. I go on the safe side and don't use the microwave.

familyof4 said...

I just never put my bottles in the microwave EVER, and if I need to heat up some left over milk I run it under warm water, usually in a breastmilk holder. I've read a lot out these issues but I'm not going to buy glass bottles, so to be even safer you can just rinse your bottles out in soapy warm water instead of putting them in the washing machine which gets super hot! Or, just go buy the disposable liners so you know for sure the plastic isn't leaking into the bottle.

I need your email so I can add you to my blog! karalwood@yahoo.com

The Kimbrough Family said...

I have several BPA reports and I decided that for my own sanity I would just go with the BornFree Sippy cup and call it a day! Alex no longer uses bottles-- but when he did we used the Avent liners which are BPA free and the Avent nipples which are OK as long as they are not boiled or put in high heat situations which we did not do. I guess it is really a decision each family has to make based on their lifestyle. Alex ONLY likes the BornFree sippy cup so it worked great for us and we did try every other one before that one!- go figure!!