Saturday, July 26, 2008

XBOX....at 2:00AM!!!

I had one of the worst nights last night and it was my first weekend back to work!
I know I can't be the only tired wife out there...because my husband was playing XBOX till 2 in the morning with other dental school friends.
Well, Taylor had been sleeping through the night this whole week and was on a roll. But for some reason...she wasn't tired and wouldn't go to sleep Friday night...so Tyson was thoughtful and said...put her in the swing and go to bed. I will watch her. She sleeps easily in the swing. However, it is a bad habit to put her in because then she won't sleep in her crib. I woke up at 2 in the morning....to find this:



...With what I saw, you could imagine that I wasn't the happiest wife out there...So I took Taylor and put her in her crib. She was totally out of routine and everything went downhill from there. She woke up immediately as I put her in the crib...so I fed her, changed her diaper and swaddled her...but she still wouldn't go to bed. So I told Tyson... "I have to work in the morning...you have 5 minutes to get off the XBOX and try to put Taylor to bed" I am so mean... Well, he got off quickly and tried to put Taylor to bed...poor guy...nothing was working, so I went in her room (I couldn't help myself) and gave him some tips that I've found to help. I eventually woke up and he was sleeping in our guest bed next to the crib... It was so cute. I told him to come back in our bed. We were both so tired this morning and had a long nap with Taylor when I got home from work. To sum it all up...I went to bed close to midnight, woke up at 2am, 4am, and then 6am to go to work. What a night! Sometimes I just wish I could be the one playing XBOX and have no worries...

11 comments:

Audrey Taylor said...

When you can stay home and not work, it won't bother you to have to wake up several times a night. I was so stressed out when Elijah came home because I still had 3 weeks of student teaching to do and he was waking up like 6 times a night! I tried having a schedule for the first one. It dwindled a little when the second one was born. Now I have three and we are totally like, "You fall asleep where you're lying down... if you fall asleep." That's in regards to daytime naps. We put them to bed at 8 p.m. after stories, scriptures, singing, and prayers. But the more kids you have, the less control you have and the more flexible you get to be as sane as you can!

Ryan and Ashley said...

Poor Summer! I am so sorry for you. I can't even function at work unless I have at LEAST 6 hours, so I feel for you. :( At least you got a nap!

Jeffrey and Monica said...

It never fails....baby is sleeping great and than the days you have to work is when they don't! I've been there so many times and it still happens! You have my sympaths

Marcae said...

There is nothing worse than knowing you have to get up early and the baby doesn't want to sleep. Believe me, I have had a few melt downs :) I hope you are doing well!

Heather said...

I am always that wife! I wish I could take a hammer to my husband's x-box. I'm so sick of hearing explosions and shooting noises. I swear I live in a war zone. Even though I didn't have to get up for anything, it was Nick's turn to get up with Allie. Even though he got up with her, I was pretty upset when I found Allie playing on the floor while Nick slept on the couch.

The Kimbrough Family said...

I think they have a little monitor that tells them to wake up when you have to go to work! Alex will sleep great Friday and Saturday night then drive me nuts on the nights I have to go to work! I think I functioned on sleep from years past in the beginning! By the way you are better than me about the video games! I despise them!!and thankfully so does Ralph! :0)

The Wrays said...

Madi was sleeping through the night before I went back to work too. I think they know you need the extra sleep and so they wake up just to show you who is boss. Madi still has her 3am feedings, however, somehow sleeps through them every weekend when I actually have the time in the day to take a nap! Gotta love our babies and their schedules.

The Faddis Family said...

It's posts like these that remind me why I"m not pregnant with #3... With Dax, I went back to work for about 6 weeks before I quit my job. Than napping with him was a highlight when we had a rough night... but when Maliya had a rough night, I couldn't just nap with her because Dax was growing out of naps... treasure this time... it doesn't last!

the mortensen's said...

This is why I am so glad my hubby has no interest in playing video games! How frustrating!
Can't wait until we can hang out again!

Tianna said...

That's a dental student for you. My husband did the same thing. It will all change when he's a real working man!

Perrero Clan said...

Oh I sure hope so Tianna...I'll be calling you if not :)