Friday, August 1, 2008

To Swaddle or Not to Swaddle...That is the Question

So, I was thinking... maybe it is time to stop swaddling Taylor.  Maybe she is growing out of it, so one night I tried it, and 1 hour later, this is what I found:

Our little girl fussing and fussing because she rolled over and can't get back


Then she see's mommy and knows she is okay.

So, it is back to swaddling...
Good Night

When in the heck do you stop swaddling?  Taylor turns over on her stomach like crazy, but she still has a hard time turning back around...so she fusses and fusses and fusses until we come "save" her and turn her onto her back.  Should I wait till she can do that on her own?

2 comments:

Crafty Momma said...

at about 6 months is when I realized I couldn't swaddle her any more. Even when you lay them down and put a blanket over them, they will flip back into their comfy spot!

themorganfam said...

Swaddle them as long as they will be swaddled. Jeremiah is almost 10 montsh old and if he is havign a really fussy night, I just swaddle him up and he will go to sleep. No he no longer stays swaddled very long because he is a mover and a shaker but he loves being snuggled up sometimes.