Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Teething???

Taylor is super super whinny this week! She gnaws on everything and will chew on my chin so hard that it feels bruised. A pacifier feels good to her, but she slobbers on everything. She also has had a stuffy nose for a while (only clear liquid), but no fever. She is only 5 months and 1 week old...could she be teething? Teething really is just teeth developing, right? (not meaning that they will come in soon, but just growing and irritating). I don't feel anything when I massage her gums.
What are some helpful teething reliefs?

8 comments:

heather said...

Sounds to me that she is teething. But you are right, she is just getting ready. It doesn't mean that they will pop out soon. Give it a month or so. My kids both started teething around 3 months and by the time they were 4 1/2 they got two teeth!
What worked for us was teething tablets. You can get them anywhere. You just stick them under their tongues and they disolve right away. We also did baby origel. That really helped.
Also if you buy teething rings and stick it in the freezer it really helps b/c it's cold and it numbs their gums.
Hope this helps.

The Faddis Family said...

I hate the teething stage... my kids were always so slobbery! No real solution for you... but Maliya liked the vibrating teether toys you can buy. You just have to survive the stage. I can't believe how big Taylor is. Time goes by so fast! Hard to remember what you did with all of your time before she came into the picture huh?

The Mortenson Family said...

Ben got 4 teeth at 4 months... no joke. Although, they can seem like they are teething for months before one actually pops through. Try a little tylenol at night to help her sleep and good luck! I found the vibrating teether, frozen teethers and teething tablets all to be great too... Jen

Loura said...

hey summer, i hope everything is well. it is loura, just to let you know that keegan startng cuting his 2 upper front teeth when he was 4 months old.so yes i believe that she can be teething, but they could be far enough away from the gum serface for you to fel them. Keegan's teething was aweful. the only thing that seemed to help was Motrin. I tried everything, teething tablets, baby orajel, tylonol, massaging his gums, using a soft brisled toothbrush, and teething rings. i hope you don't have as much of a problem as i did.

Kelly Nordfelt said...

Teething tablets. They are the Hyland's brand.

Heather said...

It's going to sound funny, but the only thing Allie will chew on for relief is her sock. I've tried freezing the teething rings, but she hates them. Someone told me to try putting her sock in the fridge. You could try putting her pacifier in the fridge so it will numb her gums. By the way. . . are our husbands ever going to be done playing x-box tonight?

The Wrays said...

Madi started teething around 3 months and at seven months, we still have no teeth. They say it hurts more for the teeth to come through the bone than through the gums, but I have no idea. The one thing that works for Madi is the teething tablets. They are a wonder drug!! One rough days when that is not working, we use tylonol. Good luch. :o)

Lanette Sanders said...

WHAT!?!?! Is this what I'll have in store for me soon? Oh wow... they grow so fast. I can't believe how much hair Taylor has. Gorgeous!