Saturday, April 25, 2009

Mini marathon



THAT WAS BRUTAL!!!!
I can't believe I made it through that race! I about died!
I didn't make my goal, but I have to admit, I AM TOTALLY HAPPY with my results. I DID THE BEST THAT I COULD! The sun was beating down on me and I was so hot! I felt like I was dying of thirst the last 5 miles. I flew through the first 6 miles, and even through Iriquois Park's hills, but as soon as I hit mile 6, I hit a wall. I thought...oh my gosh, I am not even half way done. When I hit shade, it was like a boost of energy came back on me. It was amazing how much that sun had an effect on me.
MY RESULTS: 2:08:22

Mandi and baby Braelyn came to see me cross the finishline with my mother-in-law, Glenys, and little Taylor. It was so nice to have that support.

Here is Glenys with Taylor on her shoulders looking for me at the finish line.

I was TOTALLY EXHAUSTED AFTER THE RACE!
I can't even tell you how great I feel to know that I accomplished that!
I truly never thought I would ever run a mini marathon, especially knowing that I am not much of a runner! The only thing that got me through it was my PRIDE and DETERMINATION!

8 comments:

Katrina said...

That is so awesome Summer!

Becky Chatwin said...

Good for you! I would like to try something like that someday. What an accomplishment!

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

Oh my GOSH! you are amazing. i wish i had that determination!

Ryan and Ashley said...

CONGRATS! What an accomplishment. I am so proud of you. You look great, and your time is amazing! You should come back to KY next year and run it again with me.

Mike and Kimmy said...

Congrats!!! That's a great time too! You did a great job!

Steuer Family News said...

I am thrilled for you! What an accomplishment! By the way, Matt and I love your photo with Taylor...it is gorgeous! Two beautiful girls!

the mortensen's said...

you kicked butt!

Crafty Momma said...

Way to go summer!! that is so awesome. I just tried running the other day after 1 year of no running and barely could do 25 mins!