
I hate that I feel this way, but Taylor makes it so hard for me to enjoy church anymore. I am just counting down the weeks that Taylor will be able to go to nursery. She is CRAZY! I try so hard to keep her still on my lap and I really try to get creative with keeping her occupied on my lap. If I let her down just once, then it is all down hill from there on, so I try to keep her on my lap. Then between class we go out in the hall and walk for a bit until sunday school starts. She gets so antsy and it is so embarrassing. I don't know what to do. She starts flipping her head around and tries to walk up my chest while I'm holding her hand and she is standing on my thighs. It is just a nightmare. In Kentucky, I was a nursery leader, so Taylor would come in and play with all the kids when she got too hard to manage, that way Tyson could go enjoy Priesthood. Our new ward has a lot of Older couples in it, so I am afraid they are more critical about me getting control of 'my kid' :) And when I take Taylor out in the hall, I make her sit on my lap. I feel she is too young to understand, however I need to start young otherwise I will have to back track. WHAT WORKS FOR YOU?
5 comments:
I feel the same way about Sundays. They are so hard! My girls just reached nursery age but I end up in there with them because they freak out when I'm not there. Once my girls were walking and being little terrors I started taking them into nursery at least for sunday school. I stayed with them so I wasn't imposing on the nursery leaders. That little break helped them make it through the rest of church. Good luck!
we got to our new ward and I just walked into nursery and said "this is Gavin, he loves nursery!" then i walked out;)
you should see if they will take her early. Most people wouldn't care. Church is heavenly now:)
I can't believe Sherstine did that. Oh wait yes I can! Mia makes church horrible too. Beg your new bishop to put you in nursery again. Then she can be in there with you. I actually got to sit in RS and listen last Sunday because Dave took Mia. He got nothing out of church but that seems to be how it will be for awhile. Good luck!
One thing my mom told me when I went through this for the first time with my son, was, "you just go to church, and walk to halls with your baby, so that one day, they will walk the halls with theirs." It was something my grandpa told her when she went through the same struggles with us. Its all about survival until that glorious day when they get to go to nursery. Because it is glorious! I would go into nursery, and see if the leaders are all that opposed to letting Taylor come in earlier. They let us with Dax and Maliya, as long as we stayed there with them. Nursery is better to attend, than to struggle with them thru RS, and get nothing out of the lesson.
Anyhoo... I so didn't know that you moved back! I never blog anymore, but I thought that I would check and see what everyone is up to. So I had some major catching up to do. Welcome back! It would be fun if we could get together sometime! Angie
I was in your same shoes summer!!! I know exactly how you feel, but I know that it doesn't make it any easier. I remember when I vented my frustrations on my blog a while back and everyone telling my to "hang in there" and "be patient" and "everyone goes through it" and trust me that was not what i wanted to hear because it didn't help. But all I could do was to be as patient as I could. At that time I was in primary so it made things even harder!! Delia is still horrible, she is just too energetic. What I would do is walk around the church a couple of times and show her pictures of jesus and say "look it's jesus" and get her familiar that church is all about jesus. After doing that for a while she started poiting to pictures of him and saying "jesus" it will pay off. Also, even if her attention span is 2 seconds, get a coloring book with some crayons and color here and there. I tried to use that time as a "teaching" time for new things. It was still hard because of her mobility, but eventually she started to grasp things here and there. That way you know you are doing what you should be doing, teaching your child, and heavenly will smile down on you! ;) if people are looking at you funny..it's because they don't have kids or they plain forgot how it was for them..so they don't count! I tried to get Delia in early, but there were so many nursery kids already they just couldn't. just get and bring as many "activities" as you can with you. maybe even go into nursery with her a couple of sundays and get her familiar with that place. Hope that helps! Good luck!
Post a Comment